This card was a recreation of a design by Marine Simon. Her original post with an institutional video can be found here: http://bluemarinecraft.blogspot.com/2019/03/lawn-fawn-beautiful-wildlife-pull-tab.html?m=1
I adjusted the card to fit on a 5×7 base, so I used a few different animals and placed things a little differently.
I had some trouble with the trees on this card. Marine left the inside spaces white, between the branches, but I really wanted to fill them with color so that they would blend into the background better. I first figured, what better way to match the background color than to use the distress markers that matched the oxide ink colors I used? This was unsuccessful:
It’s not a great match, and I didn’t like how it called so much attention to the fact that there was a different color in only that part of the card.
I ended up adding new trees over the existing ones and coloring the spaces with copics. I originally didn’t think I had any colors that matched, but I think the end result is fairly natural-looking. For the tree on the left I used E42 to match what was mostly Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy behind it, and for the tree on the right I used E43 to match the Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters darker area. It’s still not a perfect match but I think it’s enough to at least blend in pretty well.
I can’t wait to give this card out! I think it’s just so fun and hopefully it will be really enjoyed. 😊
- Distress oxide inks: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Broken China
- Lawn Fawn ink: Walnut
- Lawn Fawn cardstock: Black Licorice
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Mountain Border
- Lawn Fawn Grassy Border
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders
- Lawn Fawn Bayou Backdrop
- Lawn Fawn Critters on the Savanna
- Lawn Fawn Toadally Awesome
- Lawn Fawn Critters in the Jungle
- Lawn Fawn Gleeful Gardens
- Lawn Fawn Screen Time
- Lawn Fawn Dad + Me
- Lawn Fawn So Owlsome
- Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You
- Lawn Fawn Wild For You
- Lawn Fawn Let’s Toast Pull Tab